Nicoise with Tarragon Vinaigrette

Last night, I made Meg's Tuna Confit and it was delicious. I took her advice and used the leftovers for a Nicoise. Every time I eat this salad, I rediscover how wonderful it is!
As always, I serve my salads with all the elements separated to accommodate the picky eaters in my house. Everyone is enthusiastic, and the presentation is quite beautiful.
For the Nicoise, I really like a tarragon vinaigrette. Tarragon is one of my favorite herbs and I highly recommend growing a pot or two, if you can. Tarragon is so versatile and is great chopped up in a omelet or chicken salad.


Ingredients
inspired by David Tanis' Platter of Figs

Leftover Tuna Confit
Hardboiled eggs
Slender green beans
Tomatoes
Potatoes
Nicoise olives
Salt and Pepper to taste
Tarragon Vinaigrette (Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil, chopped tarragon and salt)

Prepare the eggs by simmering for 9 minutes, then plunging in ice water. The yokes should be perfectly moist. Steam or boil your beans until just tender - you want them to retain their vibrant color. Tomatoes of any size can be used. (I picked some really sweet ones from my backyard tomato jungle.) Potatoes should be steamed until tender; when cooled, cut into manageable chunks. Place all of the above ingredients on a platter along with the tuna and olives in bowls.
Let everyone serve himself, then top with a drizzle of dressing and season liberally with salt and fresh ground pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So good to hear from you... I appreciate each and every note you leave for me!

Thanks,
E