Pink Pearl Apple Crisp



What are those? I asked as my friend bit into her golden apple revealing the bright pink flesh underneath. Pink Pearl was the answer.

The texture and flavor of eating these stunners fresh doesn’t live up their breathtaking look. So I tried baking them. I was certain they would brown with cooking like all other apples, but no….


Ingredients

6 cups Pink Pearl apples, sliced
1 cup flour (Pamela’s Bread and Flour Mix is my favorite)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
light shaving of nutmeg
3/4 cup brown sugar
8 tablespoons unsalted butter

Slice apples and place in 7 ½ x 11 inch baking pan.

Mix all dry ingredients. Cut up butter and use a fork to integrate, creating a nice crumbly mix of butter, flour and sugar. Spread topping over apples.

Bake in 375 oven for 30-40 minutes, when top is browned and apples are tender.

Serve warm, with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Serves 6

1 comment:

  1. Megan BurnhamOctober 10, 2009

    Erin, finally found your blog! And my! Just as Amy said - so beautiful! Crisps are a true fav of mine - and so what a treat to read your most recent entry! then i read through everything else and you are inspiring me to get going on some more gluten-free options! Keep up the amazing work... what a lovely lovely expression of your creativity and love for your fam and friends... -Megan

    ReplyDelete

So good to hear from you... I appreciate each and every note you leave for me!

Thanks,
E