Salted Rosemary Almond Shortbread



I keep noticing that so many of my favorite things to eat are easy to make and have very few ingredients, and that the success of a recipe is really determined by the quality of each ingredient. I guess I knew this before, but this shortbread recipe is a good reminder: a creamy organic butter, golden local honey, tender freshly-cut rosemary, and fine salt make all the difference in the flavor of this dish.


Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups almond flour
  • 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt or fleur de sel
  • 1/2 teaspoon turbinado sugar

Melt butter. Mix all ingredients except turbinado sugar. Press dough into 10 inch tart pan. Use a fork or toothpick to make many tiny holes in dough to insure thorough cooking. Sprinkle top with turbinado.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

7 comments:

  1. This looks genuinely good. I'm usually reticent of gluten-free recipes, but I'm including this in my Christmas baskets this year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a dedicated foodie at heart and never gave much credit to gluten-free recipes myself until I had to eliminate wheat from my diet for medical reasons. I am always on a quest to make things that everyone will love, gluten-free or not. And I have to admit, almond flour is quite decadent and delicious.
    I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple, beautiful recipe... can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos and the recipe looks great...I adore almond flour and know this will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely blog you have...I'm so glad I found you through a Google search for rosemary shortbread. =) I'm looking forward to making these cookies with my almond flour.

    Beautiful photography and I like the recipes you've featured.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is "1flakey sea salt"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching that typo. I just corrected the mistake. Maldon and other companies sell flaky sea salt. It's a lovely finishing salt. Fleur de sel would also work here.
      Thanks!
      E

      Delete

So good to hear from you... I appreciate each and every note you leave for me!

Thanks,
E