For those of you who aren't familiar with Kinfolk - it's a brilliant, beautifully serene magazine dedicated to celebrating the joy of "small gatherings." The mag is packed with stunning photos and earnest prose (and there's not a distracting ad in sight). When I first stumbled upon Kinfolk a few months back, I was stunned by the beauty and calm of each issue and I knew I wanted to get involved. Go get a copy of their latest edition, you won't be disappointed. (You can find a list of their stockist here.)
Kinfolk hosts one meal each month in a different city around the US. Yesterday, the Kinfolk gang came to SF...
Matt from Heirloom Cafe cooked a springy family-style meal for us all as we sat, chatted, and met new people. I thought I would share some links with you today that are inspired by the talented people I had a chance to connect with at brunch. Check out their work - I think you'll enjoy...
- Laura, a sweet photographer whose gorgeous images are often found in Kinfolk
- Kasey, a new friend of mine whose writing on food and music is fresh and always delicious
- Jill, who does sumptuous natural work with flowers
- Heidi, who is as kind and charming in person as she is on her blog and books
- June, a master jam-maker and teacher from Berkeley
- Samin, a fellow Berkeley dweller, talented chef, and my table mate
- Rachel and her lifestyle blog, packed with design goodies
And of course, thank you Nathan and Julie at Kinfolk!
I promise that a recipe is coming your way next post - I have a duck egg frittata just waiting for you!