Fresh Abalone








I had abalone for the first time a year ago and it was a revelation. The flavor was rich and the meat melted in my mouth. A few weeks ago while we were on family campout, Justin heroically dove for abalone on the North Cal coast. He brought back the creatures in the photos and we ate them only a few hours after they were pulled from the sea. Now that's fresh!

I don't expect this is an easy recipe to recreate, being that abalone is a rare treat, but I thought it more than worthy of a post. My buddy Douglas took these gorgeous photos.

Take fresh caught abalone. Clean and tenderize. Coat with breadcrumbs or flour of your choice. Pan fry in butter. Add sea salt to taste. Eat and savor. Ah...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So good to hear from you... I appreciate each and every note you leave for me!

Thanks,
E